A standard fire policy provides insurance cover against the following perils:-
It must be noted here that the standard fire policy covers the following losses which may be incidental to fire although there must be actual fire before cover can be allowed.
- Property damaged by water or other extinguishing agents used in extinguishing the fire.
- Property that may be destroyed or blown up to prevent fire spread.
- Damage done by fire brigade in an attempt to extinguish or contain the fire.
- Damage to property occasioned by falling walls or part of a building in which fire occurrence has taken place.
- Smoke damage if preceded by fire. No cover if there was no fire as defined in the policy e.g. malfunctions of lantern or gas lamps.